OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

URL autoformat B.S.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaenak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: URL autoformat B.S. Reply with quote

Overall I like OpenOffice but the autoformat is driving me to the brink of insanity! Here I want to type a url into a list without creating a hyperlink but it automatically turns it into a hyperlink. I go into Format>AutoFormat and turn autoformating off, I go into Tools>AutoCorrect/AutoFormat and turn everything off but no matter what I do, it won't stop turning my url into a hyperlink. Even after I close the program and reopen it!

What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to smack the program up side the head? Am I going to need to download a different word processor?
George Politis
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't seem to have this problem.
I go to Tools->AutoCorrect/AutoFormat->Options, untick URL recognition (both boxes) and hit OK.
Hey presto! It now leaves URLs alone.

Having said that, I have a similar problem with the Drawing package and automatic capitalization. Even if I go and turn it off, it still does it.

The only other thing I can suggest is that ctrl-z (Undo) will undo an auto-correct. I know it's a bother, but each time it does an auto-correct you don't like, just undo it.
anvilsoup
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beat me to answering this question. I do what Gpolitis does and it works. Also, you can convert it to normal text by selecting it and doing Format > Default
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: