OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Open Office HTML Editor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Didier C.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 8:07 am    Post subject: Open Office HTML Editor Reply with quote

Hello,

I recently discovered Open office and I'm now testing. It looks great bet I'm surprised I do not find a specific newsgroup about it.

My problem is "how to make tables who are not bigger than the screen. In theory, this is simple but practically there are a lot of bugs.

Is there a page on the Internet about this (I didn't find any)?

Thank you for your help and sorry for my bad English.

Didier C.
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tables work okay in Writer, but could be improved a lot. It annoys me that there is no table menu in Writer as there is in Word and recent versions of WordPerfect. The reason is that tables are second to none as a layout tool, and to have the table functions handy in a seperate menu right there would help a lot. Actually I find myself avoiding using tables in Writer, a strange fielding...

Well, to answer your question:

Take a look at this PDF document:
http://www.ccsd1.k12.wy.us/Training/Help_Desk/StarOffice/writer_awesometables.pdf

I found it at this site:
http://www.kaaredyret.dk/openoffice_links.html

The site is in Danish but I almost talked the owner into making an English version too. There is a huge collection of links at this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: