OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

footer header again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron123

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: footer header again Reply with quote

Help please.
I have been looking through forums already, but have not found a solution to my problem.

In Calc [b]FOOTER and HEADER[/b] option seems to be always [b]turned on by default[/b] on new document, in Write, however,this is not on, can ANYONE help me to somehow [b]disable the footer and header on new spreadsheets[/b], I do not use them at all and have to always turn them off.

I think there may be something done about master template or something? I am not at all skilled OOo source hacking or so Embarassed

Thank you for any replies,

Ron
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron

I always found this sooooo annoying, however, it seems to have been fixed in 1.1.0 (linux anyway).

Open a new spreadsheet, select format\page and uncheck headers and footers as you do now. Then save as in OOo spreadsheet template format. Give it a name. Good place to save is in the OOo\user\template directory.

Once saved, select file\templates\organise and in the resulting box find your template. If you have used the directory I have suggested you will find it under "default". Right click on the icon and select use as default. Thereafter every new spreadsheet will be based on that one.

Removing Headers and footers never used to work, but it seems to now. I know what I will be doing tomorrow!

Try it and let us know. You do need to be using OOo1.1.0, though.

Ian
maxqnz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liquidator wrote:
Hi Ron

I always found this sooooo annoying, however, it seems to have been fixed in 1.1.0 (linux anyway).

Open a new spreadsheet, select format\page and uncheck headers and footers as you do now. Then save as in OOo spreadsheet template format. Give it a name. Good place to save is in the OOo\user\template directory.

Once saved, select file\templates\organise and in the resulting box find your template. If you have used the directory I have suggested you will find it under "default". Right click on the icon and select use as default. Thereafter every new spreadsheet will be based on that one.

Removing Headers and footers never used to work, but it seems to now. I know what I will be doing tomorrow!

Try it and let us know. You do need to be using OOo1.1.0, though.

Ian

I'm using 1.1.0 in W2K, and I can't get this to work. The process is identical to that used for setting a default text document, but, even though I have saved the spreadsheet template into the same directory as my text template, only the Writer template shows up, not the Calc template.

OOo 2.4/XP Pro SP2 / OOo 2.3.0.1/OpenSuse 10.3
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi maxqnz

I've just done it in Win 98 SE. It works, and the settings are retained.

The only reason I can think of for it not showing up on yours is that you may have accidentally saved it as a spreadsheet, rather than a spreadsheet template?

Ian
maxqnz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Liquidator wrote:
Hi maxqnz

I've just done it in Win 98 SE. It works, and the settings are retained.

The only reason I can think of for it not showing up on yours is that you may have accidentally saved it as a spreadsheet, rather than a spreadsheet template?

Ian

Nope, that wasn't it. For some reson, it didn't show up properly until I had restarted W2K. Weird, but fixed now. Thanks.

OOo 2.4/XP Pro SP2 / OOo 2.3.0.1/OpenSuse 10.3
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main thing is, now I've tried it a few times is that the header/footer thing would now appear to be solved for good!

Just a point, however, for the casual reader, is that this will only apply to documents created from the new template. Existing documents will need to be changed manually but I am glad to note that once the change is effected and it now sticks, which it didn't before Very Happy

Ian
Ron123

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you soooo much Liquidator, you are my hero Very Happy

Your little header/footer tutorial is working just fine, I thought it might have been something this simple, but the simpler the solution the lower the probability of discovering it on your own Rolling Eyes

Anyway, thank you again!
anvilsoup
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes OOo will remain in memory for a while even after you've closed all OOo documents. There's probably a setting somewhere to change this feature. So may be that's why a reboot was required to get the default templates working properly. Pure speculation here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: