OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Automatic Page Break problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrthaggar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: Automatic Page Break problem Reply with quote

Hello.

In Calc, the automatic page breaks do not appear until you enter some data into a cell, do a print preview and then close the print preview.

How do I get them to be displayed immediately?

Thanks.
geoff80fg
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you're stuck with doing exactly what you said.

If you just do a print preview without any data in a cell you finish up with an empty screen which I reckon is because the software has nothing to send to the printer. If you just enter some data in a cell, there needs to be some communication with the printer driver to see what size the page is going to be. Hence the need for a print preview. If you want everything to be there automatically, the software is going to have to keep polling the printer driver as each and every alteration is done to the sheet - it's going to be mighty busy.

I don't know whether this is the fact but it is a likely scenario.

Geoff
mrthaggar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a very basic thing to have in a spreadsheet editor, without it it can be very hard to setup a layout.

OOo seems very good to me, and it almost seems like an overlooked thing, I mean there are loads of options for changing the colour of it, and it's a major pain having to open and close the print preview everytime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: