OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Native .NET Connector / API Wrapper

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argbeil

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Native .NET Connector / API Wrapper Reply with quote

Hello, I'm pretty new to OO and took a look at the new 2.0 Beta. It works fine already. I've got an own small software comany and would like to use OO in a product to generate reports.

My question is: How can I accsess Writer without using Java or COM ? Is there an native .NET Wrapper?

An alternative would be to use COM Early Binding, is this possible? I've already looked through the forum, but the examples do use Late Binding through the bank.

Im looking for a Code snippet wich uses Write to create a new Document, writes a hello world and saves the document. Maybe someone has written an COM-API Wrapper for Accessing OO ?

Cheers,

Manuel Wenk
DannyB

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Re: Native .NET Connector / API Wrapper Reply with quote

Argbeil wrote:
My question is: How can I accsess Writer without using Java or COM ? Is there an native .NET Wrapper?

According to the beta sdk, there is, but it is still being developed.

I am hoping for the .NET wrapper to work with Mono on all platforms. In fact, I would really like for OOo to deliver a private embedded Mono implementation in addition to, or instead of Python. (This would allow you to write in many source languages, including Python, but deliver an UNO package as platform neutral Mono binary that is JIT compiled to native code.)

Argbeil wrote:
An alternative would be to use COM Early Binding, is this possible? I've already looked through the forum, but the examples do use Late Binding through the bank.

Im looking for a Code snippet wich uses Write to create a new Document, writes a hello world and saves the document. Maybe someone has written an COM-API Wrapper for Accessing OO ?

Not sure what you're asking here?

It is already possible to program OOo's API from languages like Visual Basic or Visual FoxPro, for example. (And others that support COM, such as Delphi, PHP on Windows, , Python with win32 extensions, etc.)
Cybb20
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, COM Early Binding is not supported as you can read here:
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=9815

There is actually a bridge for the .NET Framework/technology, it's the CLI-UNO bridge, that hasn't yet reached an official and final status.
See:
http://udk.openoffice.org/cli/cli-uno.html

Christian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: