OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Moving cells by dragging them: Is this possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merlin220

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:40 pm    Post subject: Moving cells by dragging them: Is this possible? Reply with quote

In Microsoft Excel, I am familiar with the method of moving cells by simply placing the cursor over a single selected cell's border, and dragging it to the desired destination on the current "page."

I have found that this is not possible in Calc. Am I correct, or is there a way of doing this that I am unaware of?
Huynh Cam Thy
General User
General User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
On Calc., you can move the select cells by placing the cursor at the body of any select cell (not at the selecting'border as in Excel) and drapping it to the new destination.
But for moving 1 cell only, first you must select the cell, then select again with shift - click (cell will be coverd in black color), release shift button then to move it.
Hope it useful for you. Laughing
anvilsoup
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drag the mouse over more than one cell, then bring it back instead of using shift-clicking. But yeah, the key is to make sure the cell is highlighted in black before dragging.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: