OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

openofficeorg20.msi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlmodel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject: openofficeorg20.msi Reply with quote

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I need some help please!! I don't have the time to read over past posts but I am having trouble installing 2.01. I had 2.0 and installed 2.01. I couldn't tell if I had installed 2.0 again or 2.01 because I didn't see a difference. I then uninstalled 2.01 and tried reinstalling it. Now it won't install. It is giving me this message saying that I need to "find an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package to openofficeorg20.msi". What do I need to do to resolve this and install the new version? What is this openofficeorg20.msi? Whatever advice I can get is much appreciated.

I am running OS 98.
AndrewZ

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have all these files in a directory? (You should.)

Code:
instmsia.exe  licenses            openofficeorg20.msi  openofficeorg3.cab  readmes    setup.ini
instmsiw.exe  openofficeorg1.cab  openofficeorg2.cab   openofficeorg4.cab  setup.exe

Are you running the setup.exe?

Also, it seems you paraphrased the error message. If you did, please write it exactly.
jlmodel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am running the setup.exe. The exact error message states "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".

"Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'openofficeorg.msi' in the box below.

In the drop down box below the above statement there's this path:

C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\OPENOFFICEORG2.0 INSTALLATION FILES\

Where do I find the files you mentioned in the directory?

Thanks for responding
AndrewZ

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlmodel wrote:
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\OPENOFFICEORG2.0 INSTALLATION FILES\

Where do I find the files you mentioned in the directory?

I would expect to find them in the directory you referenced. What is in there? If they are not there,you can use your Windows file search to find them in case they moved. If they are missing, look for the OOo installer named something like OOo_2.0.1_Win32Intel_install.exe. If you don't have that either, download a new copy from http://download.openoffice.org/
jlmodel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed the problem. I reinstalled OO 2.0 and then installed 2.01 and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks a lot for your help. I appreciate it.

JL
tanik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:25 am    Post subject: None of that is working for me! Reply with quote

I sent this to users@openoffice.org but no one read the question carefully enough. After I upgraded from ME to XP, it says it can find the .msi file. I can't uninstall it until I find it. I can't even delete all of the files manually. When I try to download a new copy of OO, it says it can't, because either A) it can't find thist mysterious file or B) It can't install until the previous copy is uninstalled.

I am at my wit's end and about ready to purchase MS Office. How in the world do I fix this????

Twisted Evil
tanik

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: THANK GOD FOR THIS SEARCH FEATURE! Reply with quote

I think doing the install cleanup file helped. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: