OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Error on creating new biblio data sources

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
franksloafoflove

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 7:50 am    Post subject: Error on creating new biblio data sources Reply with quote

When I create a new bibliography data source, and then click on its 'Tables' to put in new entires, I get this error:

--
The connection to the datasource "New Biblio" could not be stablished. [Microsoft][OBDC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.
--

Any ideas?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Re: Error on creating new biblio data sources Reply with quote

franksloafoflove wrote:
When I create a new bibliography data source, and then click on its 'Tables' to put in new entires, I get this error:

--
The connection to the datasource "New Biblio" could not be stablished. [Microsoft][OBDC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified.
--

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Looks lie you didn't register the database properly. First,press F4 while being in write and open the datasource panle. right click in the left panel and go "Administrate Datasources" choose to register a new one (look at the help on how to do this), Then choose the datasource and go to a table inside the datasource and the data shoud appear in the right panel. Then go to the bibliography module (Tools > Bibliography) and choose to change the database that is used for your references.

Juergen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: