OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Strange printing - I'm confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a1runnr
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:53 pm    Post subject: Strange printing - I'm confused Reply with quote

Howdy

I am using OOo 2. with XP, using an HP895 and HPIII printer.

I have a document with graphics and wrap around text. Most of which prints fully on either printer. However, 2 pages out of 7 are coming out strange on the HP895 (inkjet) but ok on the HPIII (laser).

The graphics are print screen captures and the text does a warp around, similar to the rest of the document. On these 2 pages only, on the inkjet, the page prints with only the graphic and NO text. I can delete the graphic and the text does print. HHHmmmmm..... Yet it is ok when printing on the laser. Doing a print preview and ALL is OK.

I have compared the other graphics (which are similar print screen captures and paste into the doc) in the document to those two strange pages, and have not found any differences. I have turned on View everything and still no difference. They all have the same anchor and wrap around parameters.

This is a dumb problem that now has me curious - Why one and Not the Other ??

Any suggestions as to what to look for next ??

Thanks in advance
tommy
dkeith
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that it prints correctly with one printer but not the other suggests the problem is with the printer driver rather than OOo. You can check this by exporting the document to PDF. If the PDF looks OK but doesn't print properly then you should look to upgrade the printer driver for the HP895.
a1runnr
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply ..

I did export to PDF and it looked OK, no problem, and of course it printed on either printer just fine. Going to PDF gives me another capability which is great, so I can get around the problem.

Both printers are rather old, and I think I check last year for more current drivers and did not find any ,,, But I will look again.

Any other suggestions ??

thanks in advance
tommy
a1runnr
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well darned if it weren't a printer driver or something in XP.
I deleted all printer drivers, cleaned up reg and general maint, reboot, then reloaded several printers that I use, Then Test, BINGO ! it now works.

Thanks Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: