OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

auto fixed width.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ediec

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: auto fixed width. Reply with quote

i've search the boards and couldn't find the answer. So, heres the deal.

I got text files that need to be imported to a spreadsheet at a fixed width. i've been using Excel for this and had gotten tired of the *click* *click* to set column width.

I knew there were macros for OpenOffice (couldn't use at work; idiot sysadmins) to set fixed width for text files. Now that i work from home i can use OOo. i got the Text2columns macro and it is easyer typing on the numpad to set widths then clicking, but i'm dealing with files that have 400+ rows and there is a 5-6 second delay before i can enter a new number. This makes it take longer then excel, however it hurts the back a hell of a lot less.

my question is. Is there any way that i can set the text2columns macro to 'remember' the 50 some-odd width values?

i only have a little expireance with scripting (can only recognize what some of the code does), but don't have a problem with gitting in and changing it.

oh, and the macro i got was from OOoMacros.org the "Text2Columns - fixed width"

thanks

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: