OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

No New | Database option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dconnell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: No New | Database option Reply with quote

Ok, I a bit perplexed and I hope someone here has a clue. I have lost my menu options for creating and opening databases. Im using the Fedora Core 5 release and have yumed in the 2.0.2 version from the Fedora updates repository.

I had previously been into this but I can't find my way back. Now, File | New has no database options. Neither does File | Open.

What's the deal here? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
acknak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I'm running Fedora 5 and I have the latest official Fedora OOo (openoffice.org-*-2.0.2-5.17.2). I also have 2.0.3 downloaded from Openoffice.org. The Fedora 2.0.2 works fine; the OOo 2.0.3 has no base capability, just as you describe.
Oh, I also installed a recent developer build and that works fine for Base as well.

I know Base uses Java heavily, but as far as I can tell, both are happy to use the Sun Java I have installed.

That's as far as I've gotten. I'm happy using 2.0.2 for now; I only have 2.0.3 installed for testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: