OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Question regarding localized RCs ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VSG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:40 pm    Post subject: Question regarding localized RCs ... Reply with quote

Hi there!

I posted here quite a while ago concerning localized versions of OpenOffice.org 1.0.2 and when to expect those versions.
Well, some time has passed (almost 2 months since the initial release of 1.0.2) and until now there are no localized versions to be seen.

Ehm, not quite "nowhere", when I look around on the FTP-servers, I find the following directory:

contrib/rc/1.0.2

This leads me to an interesting question: what does the RC refer to?
Is the localization of a "release candidate" or is the localization itself in "release candidate"-status, meaning the localization isn't complete yet, some texts may still be in English.

I ask this because I'll be setting up a new system shortly and I was planning to install OpenOffice 1.0.2 there. However I will only use the localized version because of the HotKeys (once in your mind, hard to forget those fast, practical shortcuts).
I have the dull feeling that once I install OpenOffice 1.0.1 the 1.0.2 will come out localized leaving me with an outdated system again - keeping in mind that I'll make a complete backup of my system-partition (lost once, never want that to happen again).

So, well, I guess you can see in what predicament I am right now Confused Smile.
Thanks for any replies in advance!

Best regards,
VSG
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't bother too much. Just install the current version available. 1.02 is a minor bug fix issue, and you are not missing anything out using OOo 1.01. I am using 1.02 on Windows and 1.01 under Linux. Actually, I did not yet encounter any difference. You will not have an 'outdated' system just because you are running 1.01. Anyway, it seems that 1.1 is coming into final approach and then, we'll all want to update again.
bartgymnast
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but, yet again. when OOo 1.1 is came out, you will have to wait for the localized versions again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: