OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

positioning header footer text on opposing pages

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
robgrant
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: positioning header footer text on opposing pages Reply with quote

I'm trying to position a title contained in the header to be aligned to the right for right-handed pages and aligned to the left for left handed pages.

I'm also trying to position the word page and field for page number to match the opposing pages (right-page/right-side and left-page/leftside).

I set the alignment for the header on the first page (a right-handed page) then do a page break. When I set the alignment for the second page (left-handed page) and the right-handed page changes alignment to the left as well.

What am I doing wrong here?
hol.sten
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: positioning header footer text on opposing pages Reply with quote

robgrant wrote:
What am I doing wrong here?

You're not using different page styles for left pages and right pages.

Take a closer look at "Format" -> "Page..." -> "Organizer". Look at the drop down list "Next Style". There you'll find "Left Page" and "Right Page".

And use "Format" -> "Styles and Formatting" -> Icon "Page Styles" to assign "Left Page" and "Right Page" to your pages.

You don't have to assign it to every page: Just assign for example "Right Page" to the first page and "Left Page" to the second page. Then set via "Format" -> "Page..." -> "Organizer" an alternating "Next Page".

With kind regards
hol.sten
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: