OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

OpenOffice font SUCK!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elvis

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:01 am    Post subject: OpenOffice font SUCK!!! Reply with quote

Hi,

The amount of problems that I have had with OpenOffice and the amount of time spent trying to fix this useless piece of software is unbelievable. I have calculated that I would have been able to afford MS office by now. I have a word document using Normal + 16PT font. When I use Open Office some of the font is unrecognizable characters and the formatting is all out of whack. Can I please recommend that the people deloping OpenOffice Stop because you are causing more problems than you are trying to fix. If anyone has suggestions......it would be greatly appreciated. I am using windows 2000

Thanking You
Elvis
brianfay
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I switched over to OpenOffice from WordPerfect. I had been using WP since 1989 and could do whatever I wanted with it except upgrade for free and have developers listen to features and changes I might suggest. I started using OO.o around June of this year and, each time I ran into a problem I couldn't solve, I aked for help here and almost always got it. So my first two suggestions to you are to be patient and to ask for help. The program will come to you and many people will offer help.

My third suggestion is one that I'm going to carefully word as it came to me when I was thinking bad thoughts of you. So here goes: ask for help politely and respectfully. People work hard to develop this software and they've done a very, very good job, probably better than you could have done on your own. So mind your tone and, since you are asking for help and say that you would greatly appreciate it, act in such a way that readers of your posts can believe you.

Finally, if the program doesn't suit your needs and you are angry about it, maybe your best bet is to buy Word or better WordPerfect. Don't post messages such as the one you've put here. They waste time, are impolite, show a lack of class, and leave you looking nothing but foolish.

That's as much as I have for you.
anvilsoup
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a trolling we will go.
elvis

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Apologies to all Reply with quote

Hi,

I apologise to all for any bad comments made. Yes I was releasing a lot of frustration. I have found a solution to my problem. Adobe Acrobat Reader as all I wanted to do was have people review documents and spreedsheets, and Acrobat reader is free!!!
Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing!

Thanking You
Elvis
NHaughton
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: Apologies to all Reply with quote

elvis wrote:
Hi,

Freedom of speech is a beautiful thing!

Elvis

When used with humility, responsibility and restraint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: