OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

1-Click Answers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrTeeth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: 1-Click Answers Reply with quote

Came across this VERY useful and handy util from Answers.com.

Basically, you ALT-click on any word in a browser or program and a popup appears with information, either from an encyclopaedia or dictionary.

The problem, it does not work with OO. I wonder what OO does differently to either MS office or even Wordpad.
DrTeeth
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got an email saying this topic had received a reply. It hasn't and clicking on the link in the mail says the topic does not exist.
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: 1-Click Answers Reply with quote

DrTeeth wrote:

Basically, you ALT-click on any word in a browser or program and a popup appears with information, either from an encyclopaedia or dictionary.

The problem, it does not work with OO. I wonder what OO does differently to either MS office or even Wordpad.

DrTeeth wrote:

I decided to try the Firefox extension first---but it doesn't seem to work at all. Could be my "mouse" though, which isn't a mouse but a touchpad. The commands it sends to the computer are the same as a standard mouse (but it can do so much more too) so I can't figure out why that would have anything to do with it... but it doesn't seem to work anywhere in Firefox. Hmm. Time to try the Windoze download...

OK. That works in Word and such, and you're right, it doesn't seem to work in Writer. I went through the options, just in case changing the language or locale or display behavior might make a difference. Haven't found anything yet that does the trick. I, too, am puzzled as to what in the technology is that different.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrTeeth wrote:
Just got an email saying this topic had received a reply. It hasn't and clicking on the link in the mail says the topic does not exist.

I was in the process of writing one, but hadn't hit Submit yet. Not sure how that would have triggered a reply notice though... so I'm pretty sure it wouldn't. But what do I know.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: