OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Default Language/AutoSpellCheck

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Default Language/AutoSpellCheck Reply with quote

Hello.

For a while I've been using OO Writer in both english and French. I've switched between the two under the language options menu, by changing my default.

Now I'm working on a document and for this specific document my autospellcheck dissapeared. I tried copying and pasting the contents into a new document but the problem replicates, although not when I open up another document and don't copy and paste. The autospellcheck is 'on' on every checkbox I can find for it. When I try to spell check it either claims nothing is found even with an obvious error, or it insists on checking it in french. When I try to change the default langauge back to english it doesn't give an error, but simply doesn't change it.

All the dictionaries are selected and the settings all seem to be the same between the document that spell checks and the others that don't. Since this document is quite long, it's impractical to start again or ignore my content.

Any help would be most appreciated,
Thanks
MrB

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies, I believed I have solved the problem. Some characters were formatted individually in seperated languages which prevented the document as a whole being set through the menu bar, thus leading to my other errors.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: