OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

'Section' specified with condition create problem .doc conv.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kapil.dhakad
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: 'Section' specified with condition create problem .doc conv. Reply with quote

I am in big trouble, need help.

I created one document in .SXW format, here I would like display a paragraph for specific condition (condition 1) while other paragraph for another condition (condition 2).
To resolve this I have created two sections in .SXW document and insert those two paragraphs in section. To insert section I use Insert > Sections.. menu option. During section definition I specified condition 1 using 'Hide' option.

My problem is that, when I am converting this document to .DOC (ms-word) format using JAVA it is showing both sections and which is wrong. (Need .DOC file format to send document for 3rd party, at ourside we are always using open office)

Please help me how to resolve this.
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: 'Section' specified with condition create problem .doc c Reply with quote

kapil.dhakad wrote:
I created one document in .SXW format, here I would like display a paragraph for specific condition (condition 1) while other paragraph for another condition (condition 2).
To resolve this I have created two sections in .SXW document and insert those two paragraphs in section. To insert section I use Insert > Sections.. menu option. During section definition I specified condition 1 using 'Hide' option.

My problem is that, when I am converting this document to .DOC (ms-word) format using JAVA it is showing both sections and which is wrong. (Need .DOC file format to send document for 3rd party, at ourside we are always using open office)

I've no idea whether there's any way to carry conditional text over to Word, but wonder whether you can send the 3rd party a PDF file instead, or will they need to edit the file? I use various types of conditional text, and printing to PDF always shows the text correctly.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
kapil.dhakad
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: .DOC conversion having problem due to section in open office Reply with quote

Yes.

PDF also work fine for me, its definitely great way to send PDF.
But it is MUST that 3rd party always require .DOC file. Please help/give some hint.
foxcole
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: .DOC conversion having problem due to section in open of Reply with quote

kapil.dhakad wrote:
Yes.

PDF also work fine for me, its definitely great way to send PDF.
But it is MUST that 3rd party always require .DOC file. Please help/give some hint.

Conditional text is one of the main reasons I switched to OOo. Word (up through 2000, anyway) simply doesn't do conditional text---well, maybe it does with a lot of VBA coding, but even then it would not be easy... so I don't believe it's something that would be able to convert directly. (What version of Word, by the way? I wonder if 2003 or the next generation 2007 might be able to handle it.) Sorry I couldn't be more help! Good luck.

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: