OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Possible Bug with Dialog Organizer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DVezina
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Possible Bug with Dialog Organizer Reply with quote

This thread is related to my post earlier today. In attempt to move dialogs from "My Macros" to the document macros - I ran into this problem.

1. Create a Dialog under:
My Macros/Standard/Module1

2. Save document and reopen

3. Use the Dialog Organizer to drag dialog to:
Untitled1/Standard/myInterface
(or really anywhere outside of "My Macros")

4. Exit document and discard changes - I had made other changes in my template that I did not wish to save.

* Dialog is missing - apparently deleted? Not in My Macros or Untitled. I hope I didn't just lose 2 weeks of work.
B Marcelly
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Possible Bug with Dialog Organizer Reply with quote

DVezina wrote:
3. Use the Dialog Organizer to drag dialog to:
Untitled1/Standard/myInterface
(or really anywhere outside of "My Macros")

You have moved the dialog from My macros to your document (untitled).
DVezina wrote:

4. Exit document and discard changes - I had made other changes in my template that I did not wish to save.

* Dialog is missing - apparently deleted? Not in My Macros or Untitled.

The dialog was in your discarded document Embarassed
DVezina wrote:
I hope I didn't just lose 2 weeks of work.
Of course you have regularly done backups during these days Question
DVezina
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - Dialog is in discarded document. Embarassed I would have thought the dialog would have been moved back since I never saved the document template. That's how it works in Word.

My daily backups backup only user directories. Since I don't know exactly where the dialog in "My Macros" was stored, I don't know where to retrieve it from.

Backups of previous templates and documents do not contain the dialog.

If you can tell me where a dialog is stored when in "My Macros", that would be helpful. Software is installed in C:/Program Files/OpenOffice.org 2.0 (This directory is not backed up on a daily basis though.)

Thanks
DVezina
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm posting the answer to my own question for those of you that need to know ...

For the PC the data is in:

C:\Documents and Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\OpenOffice.org 2.0\user\basic
schwinn434
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Lossing Macros (As Well) Reply with quote

Hello Everyone

I have lost two sets of macros I've recorded - using Tools/Macros/Record Macros. I lost them each time OO Calc. crashed - for various reasons.

After the first crash, I saved - using "Custom/Keyboard/Save" - the keyboard configuration to a file - so I could reload the keyboard configuration. However, the actual "mapping" of the keyboard seems to be recovered "properly" after each crash -- but not the macros, themselves, which are being pointed to. I also have tried to reload the keyboard configuration (using the saved keyboard configuration file I just mentioned), but OO Calc can't seem to find the macros which these saved keyboard configurations point to.

The first set of macros was saved under OpenOffice.org/user/Standard (I believe this is the location I saved them too) ; the second time around, I “know” I saved them under OpenOffice.org/Macros/Library1/Module1 (Library1 being a library I created - not very creative, I know.)

I haven't tried saving these recorded macros under the actual file I'm trying to use them with, i.e., OpenOffice.org/Macros/Run Schedule 2009/Standard - “Run Schedule 2009” being the actual document I want these macros to operate within.

I just realized that some of my macros are still present under: OpenOffice.org/Macros/Library1/Module1 ( I believe these macros were save “properly” when I
completely closed OO Calc.

Any help backing up these macros would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
James "Jimmy" Lacy Kamuf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: