OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

making windows or quickbooks think OOo is Microsoft office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jameslov

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: making windows or quickbooks think OOo is Microsoft office Reply with quote

I am using quickbooks for my business and I would like to find a way to trick quickbooks into thinking that Writer is Microsoft Word and Calc is Excel. Quickbooks has functions that will allow you to write letters and print envelopes that draw from quickbooks customer/client/vendor lists, but if Word is not installed the program will not give you the option to use Writer instead. Is there a way that this can be done globally? Can you make windows think that OOo is microsoft office? Thanks in advance for your help.
bobharvey
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a good chance that quickbooks is invoking MS office via OLE, or even DDE, methods that are unique to MS office.

The proper thing to do is put pressure on the supplier of quickbooks, but it is unlikey they will listen to a single voice - you might want to start a web-based pressure group.

Googling for "Quickbooks openoffice.org" shows you are not alone.
spryan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone had any luck with this? I also would like to use openoffice with quickbooks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: