OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Importing Zip files into Open Office

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpete1939

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Importing Zip files into Open Office Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I downloaded several pages of fonts that I have in zip files stored in my documents. Without getting technical, can someone please tell me how to import these files into the Office Writer program? Do they need to be uploaded one at a time or can I upload all at once. Would greatly appreciate any help with my question.

Sincere Thanks
mrpete1939 Very Happy
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Importing Zip files into Open Office Reply with quote

It depends on your operating system. In Windows I use an external program called "The Font Thing", but there are others that also make the job easier. You must first, of course, unzip the fonts into a folder form which you can register [install] them for use.

David.
mrpete1939

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply to David Reply with quote

Hi David

Thanks for your quick reply. I am using a program called "Just zip it"...this is all new to me, please excuse if I sound like a dummy...these fonts as far as I know are already zipped and waiting to be used in OpenOffice. Please tell me how to unzip them and how do I import them to OpenOffice after I unzip them. Again thanks. Pete
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply to David Reply with quote

You need a program that will both zip and unzip. You will need to unzip the files first, using whatever program you choose to do so. I don't know the one you name. There are commercial programs, but lots of free ones as well. How to do it depends on the program. Sorry, but you are on your own there because of that. I use a program called Tugzip. if oyu have no idea, grab a 12 yr old off the street. Just kidding, but kids do know a lot more these days on this sort of thing. here must be someone where you live who could help there, even a local dealer.

You don't import into the program. You install them into your system using the program I mentioned, or some other. OpenOffice and other programs will each pick up those installed fonts for their own use.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: