OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Problems with OpenSymbol font

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aj_english

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 3:12 am    Post subject: Problems with OpenSymbol font Reply with quote

The OpenSymbol font won't display in my copy of OOo.

I'm using OOo 1.0.3 with the language localizer files installed ("ooo103l18ngm.dmg"), so I can use the UK English dictionary, and I'm running Mac OS X 10.2.8 with Xfree86.

Without OpenSymbol, bullets don't show up unless I manually set them each time, which is a royal pain in the arse.

I've copied OpenSymbol to my OS X fonts folder to try it out in another writing program but I get the same results: Writing programs recognise that the font exists but when you go to type something, nothing shows up. For those who are Mac savvy, I've also tested it out in Keycaps, which happens to display it correctly!!

I'm guessing my copy of the font is corrupt or something? Maybe if I was using Mac OS X 10.3 and Apple's X11 it might fix it? Can anyone help me? Cause I'm not going back to MS Office.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: