OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Bullets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I agree with you 100%. I guess I've just got used to changing it.

Your exact request is already filed: Issue 60553: Default bullet size too large!

That issue resolves to this one: Issue 58398: Default bullet list symbols have to be overworked, which is actually a plan from the developers to overhaul (not overworkWink) the bullet character sizes in the OpenSymbol font to better match those used in MSOffice.

The OOo devs have also worked up a formal specification for bullets and numbering, which is targeted for "2.x"[*]. I've not had time to read it yet, but hopefully this whole area is in for some significant improvements in the not-too-distant future.

Ironic tidbit #1: The default bullets in Impress look decent, because they are scaled down to less than half-size!

Ironic tidbit #2: Writer 1.x received compaints that the bullets were too small, so they were enlarged for 2.x.

[*]PS: Oops. Part One is targeted as 2.x. Part Two is targeted as 3.x.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: