OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

help for an old Quattro/Lotus user

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richards

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: help for an old Quattro/Lotus user Reply with quote

Help an old Quattro/Lotus guy out. In Open Office Calc how do you:

1. Turn off the auto cursor movement upon entering data into a cell? Iím sure itís obvious but I havenít stumbled on it.

2. Is there no provisions for using Ď, ^ & ď for left, center & right justification when entering text into a cell. It may be antiquated but Iím so use to using these special characters I just canít seem to break this habit.
maxqnz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: help for an old Quattro/Lotus user Reply with quote

richards wrote:
Help an old Quattro/Lotus guy out. In Open Office Calc how do you:

1. Turn off the auto cursor movement upon entering data into a cell? Iím sure itís obvious but I havenít stumbled on it.

2. Is there no provisions for using Ď, ^ & ď for left, center & right justification when entering text into a cell. It may be antiquated but Iím so use to using these special characters I just canít seem to break this habit.

Tools>Options>Calc then UNcheck "press Enter to move selection.

OOo 2.4/XP Pro SP2 / OOo 2.3.0.1/OpenSuse 10.3
davel
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are out of luck on item #2. I too am an old Quattropro 5 user. I still have one application that I still use frequently and I just don't want to invest the time to convert the macros to Calc.
David
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:12 am    Post subject: Re: help for an old Quattro/Lotus user Reply with quote

richards wrote:

I'm old, have used Lotus, and Quattro Pro [still do], and even Visicalc on the Apple IIe, on which I started and taught myself by hacking ...no manuals, no anything. I used the Ď, ^ & ď controls, and now use the icons. I drove an old Chev, a Ford [shudder], a Morris Minor, a Sunbeam, A Honda, and now a Jetta ...a sedan, a pickup, a standard, an automatic, rear wheel drive, front wheel drive, two wheel drive, four wheel drive, and even the odd time a rented multi-gear moving van..... Break the habit. Move on.

David.
davel
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think about it, the left, center, and right justify buttons on the Windows based spreadsheets was perhaps the most welcomed advantage of the graphical interface over the original slash command type sheets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: