OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Printing Database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msgt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject: Printing Database Reply with quote

Ok, here is one I can't figure out. How do I print my database? There is no print option in the menu or toobar to pint the database. The option box doesn't even offer to be able to add it. I'm begining to wonder if I should have even downloaded OO. Any help would be appreciated.
Shandra
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either do a report and print that, or you can drag your table into a Calc Spreadsheet or preprare a form letter -> see also "my" thread here: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=47001 and the explanation given to me by JohnV.
msgt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Printing Database Reply with quote

Thanks, Shandra for the reply. I tried that after reading about something else and to use F4 to see it in Writer. Seems strange that a program would be developed with no way to print unless you carried it over to another program just to print your database. Seems a long way around the river just do something so simple. Thanks again for your help.
dougwhite44

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most cases printing information from a database involves extracting the information you desire to print and printing only that info. If you had a database with 90 fields and 120000 line entries would you want to print the entire database? In most cases not. Usually you would run a report selecting only the relevant information you desired.

All the Best,
Doug White
Garner, NC USA
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:51 am Post subject: Printing Database

Thanks, Shandra for the reply. I tried that after reading about something else and to use F4 to see it in Writer. Seems strange that a program would be developed with no way to print unless you carried it over to another program just to print your database. Seems a long way around the river just do something so simple. Thanks again for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: