OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Load URL... any way to remove?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Linuxnoob

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:07 pm    Post subject: Load URL... any way to remove? Reply with quote

Ok new question, is there any way to remove this bad boy? It seems rather pointless and wastes alot of screen space IMHO. I know how to set and remove bottons but the load URL thingy seems resistant to change Smile

note: linux v 1.0.1
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I hate it. The first thing I do when I install OOo is to remove this button, and the stop loading button aaaand the edit button. Pointless buttons!

In Windows you can hold down the Alt-key and remove them with the mouse. I tried the same thing on redhat 8.0 but I think the alt-key serves another purpose in Linux, it was not possible.

I trashed Linux - but try these alternatives they do work in the Windows version:

a) right-click the toolbar and deselect the buttons (from the sub menu in visible buttons)
b) right-click the toolbar and select customize... and drag the buttons away with the mouse

Also remember that you can drag the toolbars with the mose by holding down the CTRL key. This enables you to make the toolbars float and to remove the irritating MAIN toolbar from the left side of the screen and position it elsewere.
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Re: Load URL... any way to remove? Reply with quote

Linuxnoob wrote:
I know how to set and remove bottons but the load URL thingy seems resistant to change Smile

Ups, I missed this part.. Embarassed
Linuxnoob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Score!!! Thanks for the reply, I figured it out! You simply drag the bar or botton on to the page to remove it *not* into the customize dialog as I thought before.
Linuxnoob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya you have to press and hold alt while you drag them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Linuxnoob Reply with quote

Now my toolbars are dead sexy Very Happy
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Well, almost sexy, I look forward to new and sexy buttons in some future version of OOo. Smile
Curtz
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linuxnoob wrote:
Score!!! Thanks for the reply, I figured it out! You simply drag the bar or botton on to the page to remove it *not* into the customize dialog as I thought before.

Hmm, these differences between the Windows and Linux versions makes it a dull task to make manuals and FAQ's for OOo. Dragging into the dialog works here!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: