OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Begging for simple image help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
accabrown
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:19 am    Post subject: Begging for simple image help Reply with quote

I have a really simple problem. I would like to populate a table with the filenames of jpeg images, and a thumbnail for each filename. I can't work out how to do this.

I have tried, as recommended in this forum, just putting an image control on the form, not bound to any data source, and then setting it to display a particular jpeg. But then it always displays the same jpeg for every record: not what I want.

I can see that what the image needs to display is the result of "ConvertToURL('filename')". But -- if 'filename' is another field in the record -- how do I set the image control to do that? Do I have to use basic code, triggered by loading the form?

I'm not a complete idiot with OOo Basic. I know how to get a listing of all the jpeg files in a directory. But I don't know how to do stuff with databases. IN particular, I have no idea how to write the code that would say "Load this control with the thumbnail of the filename in that control".

Can anyone help? Is there a simpler way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: