OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Just the database form

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peteh
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Just the database form Reply with quote

In MS Access it's possible to switch off toolbars and status bar to just leave the database form showing and the menu bar. That way any normal user can't fiddle with the settings.

So far I can't find whether you can do this in OOo Base. The status bar keeps reappearing and each form appears in its own window - I can't remove borders etc.

Is it possible?
makeijan
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: I'm interested too... Reply with quote

... I'd like to know if there's a way to start a form when opening the database. So you can make a form with buttoms to call other forms and reports, because that's what the final user needs.

Of course, with all the toolbars off... Ms Access way.

I guess i's possible... but how?

"Conxuro da Queimada" Extracto
WRCWare
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you on this. I have been trying to do the same thing for a while now and still have no idea how to do it. I have used Filemaker and was able to create a Menu Splash Screen. It had buttons to all of the things that I need the user to have access to and would open the right form at the right time. This made things so much easier for navigation and gives the user a "HOME" to goto if they are not sure where they are in the DB.

Bill
pitonyak
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each form is really a Write document. The write document is loaded as a document. It is possible to laod a form, my database ramblings document on my web site demonstrates how to do this.

In OOo version 2.0.1, which is not yet available, you will be able to load a form without having the Base document be visible Laughing
You will need to get the "database" from the DatabaseContext and then access the property named, ummm, hmmm, well, ther eis a property that references the Base document, even if it is not loaded. In version 2.0, loading a Form from this causes OOo to crash. This has been fixed in the latest developer release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
platon
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew,
could you specify this promising suggestion?
pitonyak wrote:
In OOo version 2.0.1, which is not yet available, you will be able to load a form without having the Base document be visible Laughing
You will need to get the "database" from the DatabaseContext and then access the property named, ummm, hmmm, well, ther eis a property that references the Base document, even if it is not loaded. In version 2.0, loading a Form from this causes OOo to crash. This has been fixed in the latest developer release.

Or did you simply mean "saving (a form) as" a writer document outside the database? I know, itīs long time ago but it still an issue as you can see here http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=191778

thanks
Fabian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: