OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Importing graphic and resizing problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harlequin
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Importing graphic and resizing problem Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am trying to move away from Word and I have one last problem. I need to import a large no. of graphs into a report. I can cut and paste special using MACRO Record, but when I try and record a resize and repostion nothing seems to happen. When I look at the macro in the editor I can see the paste special instruction but nothing after that.

I can resize and reposition manually but would very much like to automate the whole process.

Thanks in advance of any help.

J Sad
dfrench

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Size and position objects can be manipulated through the api. You will need to explore the documentation a bit and consider carefully what you wish to happen. The macro recorder does not capture this stuff for you.
The XRAY tool from www.ooomacros.org will help you identify which properties that you are likely to need to change for the object holding the graph, SIZE for example. Which is my hacker approach .
The Development Guide downloaded with the sdk contains examples of the use of the api.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: