OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

How to send email with gmail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pinawabrad

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: How to send email with gmail Reply with quote

I have been trying to send documents from OO,o using gmail. I have tried various workarounds, but I none work - OO seems to use Internet Explorers "Internet Options"

I CAN do it through Thunderbird, but does anyone know how I can set up Windows XP to send email with Gmail (and Firefox) with OO.o 2.04?

a little frustrated with XP, (I have less trouble with my Linux box)

Brad
9point9

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No answer, but just a question: If it works in Thunderbird why do you need to send an email through the Gmail web interface? Is there something you need in the web interface that won't work in Thunderbird?

OOoSVN, change control for OOo documents:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooosvn/
pinawabrad

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just that I use gmail* exclusively now (well almost) and I have my most current address book there.

*This is anathema to many, I know. I find it frustrating that Hotmail would work on XP if I used it hotmail. I actually had a Hotmail account before MS bought it, but let it go shortly after the acquisition.

The reason I made the switch from Thunderbird to Gmail was because I got tired of maintaining my Thunderbird on all my machines. I have several computers at home (most are dual-booted) It was a little tedious updating each computer's address books not to mention marking spam, updating extensions, recreating folders and filters, etc. on each computer. Yes I have tried the 'common' profile method but the results were not satisfactory, and I love MOZbackup for what it does/did at least for MS)

The only problem I've encountered with Gmail is this one. I thought I would have a problem with not having having email on my local machine though that has never come up - though I do periodically backup to my Thunderbird client. I also did NOT have to change my email address to switch - pretty cool for trying out the service - most people still do not know I am using gmail.

Boy! I did not intend to make a commercial for Gmail. I've always avoided "the man" as I have spent most of my life doing the "unconventional" with computers from my first Atari ST, then an 386 with WordPerfect (5.1 DOS with TrueType fonts - I still miss it. It was fast and I could write macros for it).

Anyways, . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: