OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

can i "delete all" index entries?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrjuju

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:23 am    Post subject: can i "delete all" index entries? Reply with quote

I have a large document for which i built an index using an external concordance[?] file. This worked great until i realized i wanted to edit the index a little, removing the most commonly occurring words. Unfortunately i cannot work out how to achieve this, because even after i delete the index itself all the indexed words are still flagged as index entries.

Is there a "delete all" function hiding anywhere? there seems to be help on editing and inserting index entries, but not removing, and deleting them one at a time using the index entry dialog will take an extraordinarily long time

mark
thunderjet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: using concordance file Reply with quote

i agree there needs to be a feature to remove groups of entries from the alphabetical index. this is causing me a headache too...

a concordance file maintained through the OO GUI seems to keep things in order, but if you modify that file using a text editor all entries are disconnected from the SDI file.

does anyone have a solution for this? hopefully it's one someone's wishlist at least...

LT
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: