OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Line Reads Up the Page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvanderv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Line Reads Up the Page Reply with quote

Things used to work fine, but now, for no apparent reason, when I open a .rtf file, some lines read vertically up the page on the left side. Other lines are horizontal, as they should be.
This is very odd. I have no idea why this is happening.
jrkrideau
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Line Reads Up the Page Reply with quote

pvanderv wrote:
Things used to work fine, but now, for no apparent reason, when I open a .rtf file, some lines read vertically up the page on the left side. Other lines are horizontal, as they should be.
This is very odd. I have no idea why this is happening.

Yes that is very strange. What OS and version of OOo are you using? And do you know what program created the rft>
pvanderv

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Open Office 2.0.3 with Windows XP. The .rtf file was originally created in Corel Wordperfect 8. But I transferred the document over to Open Office a while ago and there has been no problem until recently. The file is shared with my PDA via Microsoft ActiveSync. Sometines I edit the document on my PDA with Microsoft Word Mobile. That might have something to do with the problem. The document looks fine on my PDA.
geoff80fg
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if the characters have been rotated through 90 degrees. Place the cursor in the vertical text and look at Format > Character... under the Position tab. If 90 degrees under Rotation / scaling is checked, then this is your problem but I've no idea how this can have happened.

Geoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: