OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Submenu's that are checked when selected, unchecked when not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stokes003
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Submenu's that are checked when selected, unchecked when not Reply with quote

I want to select Insert->Header/Footer, then in the submenu, I choose either Header or Footer. If I select Header or Footer, I then want the submenu to have a check next to it if its on, and nothing if its off the next time I look in the menu. Is it possible to do this?
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ooo2.1 for Windows there is a check mark if on for a particular page style.
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of OOo are you using? OOo 2.0.3 on Windows XP doesn't have a combined Insert > Header/Footer with a submenu listing Header and Footer. It has separate Insert > Header and Insert > Footer menu items with submenus listing the page styles. Clicking a page style name in a submenu toggles the header or footer on or off for that page style, and a check mark appears next to the page style name whenever the header or footer is on.
Stokes003
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using the Tools-Customize to create a different Header/footer menu. I have a submenu linked to Header/Footer that has options "Header" and "Footer". I have a macro linked to both of these options that inserts/removes the header/footer based on whether it is present or not. If present, I want to submenu option to have a check. Is this possible or do you only get check marks to come up if the menu option is a page style?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: