OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

movie file format support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
breathingplanet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: movie file format support Reply with quote

is there a place to find what movie files impress supports?
i am an ex microsoft user now using impress and my ppt files with embedded movies will not play the movies. Then - i tried to create a new Impress presentation and insert a movie... and it says the file format is NOT supported there as well. (i thought maybe it was just a conversion issue at first) the file i tried is a standard .mov, although some files i use are .mp4 also. is there a plugin or something i need? any help is appreciated.
aL
homaquebec
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To know what video files are accepted, click on Insertion, Movie and Sound. At the bottom of the window, you can choose what can of files can be inserted. The list is there. Among them, there are mpeg video, Quicktime video, Vivo video.

If the file that you want to use is not in this list, you can use the freeware SUPER to convert it.
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: OOo 2 Impress (Win) - Can view media supported by DirectShow Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org 2 Impress (Windows) - Can view media supported by DirectShow

According to the OpenOffice.org Wiki the Windows version of OpenOffice.org can show media formats supported by DirectShow, and the Linux version can show versions supported by Java Media Framework, assuming that the Java Media Framework is installed and properly set up.

Generally, then, with Windows, you can open a movie with OpenOffice.org in the media viewer or embedded in a presentation if it is in a format you would be able to open with Windows Media Player. You can ensure that your version of DirectShow is current by downloading the most recent version of DirectX from Microsoft.

You can use Java Media Framework for Windows to convert some types of .mov files to .avi files.

Please also see: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?p=187698
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: