OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

AuctionExec

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saturn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: AuctionExec Reply with quote

so a little background- I'm working with an auction company which uses this 5+ year old Access setup called "AE Made Simple" (AE being an acronym for now-defunct auction software company, Auction Exec -- take a guess why they went out of business? yeah - not sharing the source with their customers, which they charge $5000+ for a MS Access database program)

anyway, they have been running into problem after problem, not having the source to the software they have come to rely on. being their "computer guy" doing the website and trying my best to patch the MS Access "AE" software, I thought - why not convert it all to Base?

there are two main files;
- AuctionExec.mde (50+ mb)
- AuctionExec.ldb (64 bytes)
and there is also "system.mdw" - not sure what it does - 132kb

if I rename the .mde file to .mdb, I can open it with Base and view the data. However, I'd like to be able to open the entire suite, forms and all, so that I can go in and convert everything over and have them setup with something NEW.

anyone have some tips? can this even be done? the forms are really what I care about the most -- the database information can always be re-created or exported/imported. re-writing the forms would take a lot of time, and if I was going to do that I'd just start from scratch...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: