OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

ANCHORING THE PAGE PANEL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmxxc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: ANCHORING THE PAGE PANEL Reply with quote

any one know how I can anchor the page panel. I un-anchored it, and try as a might it remains a separate window. Double clicking on it, as suggested by the guide, dosn't work. I'm using OO 2.x on ms 98se
james_h
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: OOo draw: How to reset page tool from window to pane Reply with quote

OpenOffice.org draw: How to reset page tool from window to pane

Quit all instances of OpenOffice.org, including the quickstarter.
Do a search in the user directory for a file called Views.xcu. In XP it would be located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Views.xcu
Rename it to Views.xcu.old. Do not change anything in the C:\Program Files directory.
Restart OpenOffice.org draw.
Note that following these instructions will reset all your OpenOffice.org applications to the default views, not just draw. You could also try editing the file manually using a plain text editor like notepad, but I did not try this.

A general strategy for this problem is to search for configuration files by date and time and find the configuration file that has the date and time things screwed up. Rename the file and let OpenOffice.org replace the bad settings with the application's default settings. In an extreme case, you could just remove the whole C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2 directory and start from scratch.
acknak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any toolbar can be undocked or re-docked (sent back to the last docked position) by double-clicking the icon area while holding the Ctrl key.

For the page pane in Draw, the icon area is the gray band that says "Pages".

For docking windows manually (dragging them with the mouse), realize that the active spot is right under the mouse pointer, and to dock the toolbar or window, the active spot has to be within a few pixels of the outer window border before the docking action takes effect. Even then, it may not be that obvious, as the rectangle that appears is not always easily visible.

Approximate docking area: purple
Active docking status rectangle: green arrow (note the rectangle itself isn't well-visible)
Icon area: red
jmxxc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the solutions. I used acknak's (control + double click) and it works fine. My problem is that I am using the Italian language version of OO, (I live in Italy), and the voice in the guide in Italian omits to say that you have to hold control while double clicking. Should I tell somebody about this? Thanks again.
acknak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely should be reported.

The official place to start is here: How to help. There are some step-by-step instructions on this forum: Rough step-by-step instructions reporting bugs.

It would be best if you do it, as you can include the exact location and text that has the problem, but if you don't feel comfortable to do it, just ask here and I'm sure someone can help.
jmxxc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to close this thread. I checked a more recent version of OO (2.0.4) in italian and the omission has been partly corrected. I will check the most recent version to see if it is ok before reporting the omission as an issue on issuezilla.
thanks again for the help.
jmxxc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: OOo draw: How to reset page tool from window to pane Reply with quote

you could try resetting OOo to the factory defaults as suggested by james_h in a reply to a problem I had some time ago.

james_h wrote:
OpenOffice.org draw: How to reset page tool from window to pane

Quit all instances of OpenOffice.org, including the quickstarter.

A general strategy for this problem is to search for configuration files by date and time and find the configuration file that has the date and time things screwed up. Rename the file and let OpenOffice.org replace the bad settings with the application's default settings. In an extreme case, you could just remove the whole C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Application Data\OpenOffice.org2 directory and start from scratch.

Note that following these instructions will reset all your OpenOffice.org applications to the default settings, not just draw.
jmxxc
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops - I posted this in the wrong thread. It was meant for palapaguy and the thread Resizing. sorry about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: