OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Refresh problems with 3D objects on move or rotate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jebside

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 12:33 pm    Post subject: Refresh problems with 3D objects on move or rotate Reply with quote

I recently installed 1.1.0 on a Dell laptop running Win2K. The problem I have encounterd is that I will create a new 3D object then when I move or rotate it the that object the image from the original position is still on the screen (behind the newly moved object.) This process continues indefinitely as I move the object until the screen is a mess with parts of previous positions. If I click the preview button, or print the document, there is only one 3D object that appears and it is the most recent change that I have made.

If I minimize the window then bring it back, I either get a blank screen or the entire drawing area of the program is gone. What I see is the menu bar at the top and the task bar at the bottom. Everything else is my desktop.

Has anyone else seen this happen before? I installed the same program on my desktop PC and it does not exhibit this behavior.

Thanks,

jOE.
ftack

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try turning off 3D View - use Opengl. under Tools Options OpenOffice.org View. That is sometimes causing problems. I had to turn it off under Mandrake Linux to get rid of display problems with 3D objects.
jebside

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ftack,
Thanks that did the trick! Also checked the "refresh during interaction" box and that seems to help a little as well. OpenGL is the culprit for sure though. I appreciate your posting alot.
jOE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Draw All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: