OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Global hyperlink colours (no character styles for Impress)?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Global hyperlink colours (no character styles for Impress)? Reply with quote

Admittedly, I'm not a heavy presentation maker (Powerpoint or OpenOffice), but one thing that's left me a bit puzzled: is it possible to globally set link colours on a presentation basis, rather than having to set it as a custom colour for all OO programs in Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Appearance? It feels quite backwards having to either modify the entire OO suite to force custom colours, or having to manually restyle every single link. Link colour should be a property of the presentation itself (of its general styles)...

This, on a more general note, begs the question: why aren't there character styles in Impress? I'd say this could be very useful, not only to address the link issue above, but to facilitate things like presentations that have specific chunks that need to look different (e.g. a presentation that contains HTML code fragments - I'd just need to define a single "Code" custom style and apply it from the stylist).
acknak

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sure looks to me like there's no other way besides Tools > ... Appearance. The handling of link appearance in the OOo apps other than Writer is not very robust or flexible. E.g. links in Impress will use the colors from Tools > ... Appearance even if you un-check the "Enable" boxes for visited/unvisited links.

You can define graphics styles, which can control the character attributes, but only one such style can apply to a given text object. So no character styles.
MikeZ
Power User
Power User

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello redux,

if you are registered on openoffice.org, you can vote for the introduction of character style in Impress here:
http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=57296

Needless to say that I share your view that the character style would make a fine addition to Impress.

Cheers,

MikeZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: