OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Replace with list box won't show data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
markmc2
General User
General User

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Replace with list box won't show data Reply with quote

On Win xp sp2, oo2.1
I have a simple flat file and a form that was created with the wizard, then edited replacing some fields with list boxes. I created specific lists for those fields under control-"list entries".
All works fine, data shows, drop down lists are as I specified. Been using it for a year. I don't remember if I changed much along the way but it is likely something.

I recently added a field to the data base, it shows in the table, it shows the data for all entries. Problem I'm having is adding it to the form.

IF I add it as a text field to the form it shows data,
IF I create it as a list box AND leave it as a SQL query it shows the data but the drop down list becomes rather lenghty.
BUT
When I try to define the item list, the way I did in the other fields, I get a drop down list that has what I want , but the existing data won't show up.

I left several controls on the form to see what happens
I can make a new record, use the drop down list I created to enter data, the data shows on the tables, but when I refresh ...the data disappears from the drop down field but will show up in the text field. Still shows correctly in the tables.

As far as I can tell all settings for the new list box are the same as all others I made. I've tried creating the control different ways, copying and pasting it, new control, replace with....
Any help apprecitated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: