OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum
 
 [Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Inside margin for text blocks

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Meow the Catz
General User
General User


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Inside margin for text blocks Reply with quote

Hi,

I have created a text bloc. However I do not want the text to start just at the beginning of the block, I would like an inside margin. Like the page margins.

How can I do that?

Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bhikkhu Pesala
Super User
Super User


Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 2324
Location: Seven Kings, London, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double-click on the frame and change the borders — spacing to contents.

Spacing outside the borders is on the Wrap tab of the same dialogue.
_________________
Fonts * Opera * Oo Tips * FAQ * New Forum
Oo 2.3.1 * Win XP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
foxcole
Super User
Super User


Joined: 19 Jan 2006
Posts: 2771
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Inside margin for text blocks Reply with quote

Meow the Catz wrote:
I have created a text bloc. However I do not want the text to start just at the beginning of the block, I would like an inside margin. Like the page margins.

How can I do that?

You would do that by applying an indent paragraph style. I believe there's one already built in, but if you need different text styles than the default you can very easily create your own.

Please have a look at the chapters on styles in the Writer guide, which you can find here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
_________________
Cheers!
---Fox

WinXP Pro SP2, OOo Portable 2.3.1, OOo local 2.4 RC4
New OpenOffice forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/
Manuals: http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Meow the Catz
General User
General User


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:
Double-click on the frame and change the borders spacing to contents.

Spacing outside the borders is on the Wrap tab of the same dialogue.

So it is not possible to do that if we do not want our text object to have any visible border ?

foxcole wrote:
You would do that by applying an indent paragraph style. I believe there's one already built in, but if you need different text styles than the default you can very easily create your own.

Please have a look at the chapters on styles in the Writer guide, which you can find here:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

Thanks it works fine, now I have to figure out how to add a top margin, I have figured out only how to do left and right margins Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bhikkhu Pesala
Super User
Super User


Joined: 23 Aug 2005
Posts: 2324
Location: Seven Kings, London, UK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meow the Catz wrote:
So it is not possible to do that if we do not want our text object to have any visible border ?

If you have no border, then why not use text wrap to get the spacing you want?

You can use spacing above and below the fist and last paragraphs to get spacing at top and bottom of the frame.

Otherwise, use a white border, and set the distance to text from that.
_________________
Fonts * Opera * Oo Tips * FAQ * New Forum
Oo 2.3.1 * Win XP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group