OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

how to create combo box (list box)??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fleeper99
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: how to create combo box (list box)?? Reply with quote

Ok,

I have two tables. I created a from from table 1 and made a sub-form in it also. I am trying to insert a drop down box into the boxes on the subform. I go into design view, but I cannot figure out to get the list box option to go into the desired field.

Yeah I am a newbie here. Please advise.

fleeper
NevP
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

list and combo are similar and made the same way.

You need a table with a field containing the names you wish to have in your list.

In form edit you need the toolbar 'form design' open from 'view'
click on the icon for list or combo and move mouse into the form you are working on. the cursor is a crosshair. Hold mouse button and drag to desired size.

A wizard box pops up and you answer the questions. It links you to the table and field where you have your item list. It asks if you want the change put into the original table or just into the form.

In mine I want to use the combo box so I delete the original field box from the form.

hold control key down as you click the field box and it separates the name from the box. I replace it with the new box created and then group the box and the name again.

By double clicking on the box a properties box come up and you can change the inside colour of the box and other things.

explore have fun.

NevP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: