OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Starting individual apps in Mac OS X 10.4.x

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matttscott

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Starting individual apps in Mac OS X 10.4.x Reply with quote

So OO2.1 opens Writer by default in Mac OS X, at which point I can load any of the other apps. I have downloaded jakeosx's icon pack from: http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Launcher_-_Developer, but when I try the icons I keep getting this error:

"No valid installation at: /Applications/OpenOffice.org 2.1.app/Contents/openoffice.org"

Are there any other options for me to load OO apps (other than Writer) individually in Mac OS X?

-Matt
jakeosx
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is possible that is an bug in my code, as i wrote those for 2.0, not 2.1, i'll try to take a look and figure it out for you.

the other option, much more low tech, but it works, is to make a blank template file for each program, and simply double click the template to open the program.
Robby.the.Sheath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: open other apps Reply with quote

how can you even open other apps such as calc. writer opens first and i cant find the option to open any other apps. i found in some FAQ that typing in "-calc" in the command line will work. but it didnt
-please help
-robby.the.sheath
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jakeosx
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rob,

simply go to "new" and pic which item you would like to make.

-j
sandmanfvr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got OpenOffice on my iBook. Being new to Mac, but I have use OpenOffice on Linux, I got the pdf and read how to get rid of the Xterm window. Now I want to do this, have an icon to pull up writer and then calc. Not start it up, have to go to aother window. Is there a list of icons NOT for neo office?
jakeosx
OOo Advocate
OOo Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i made some for openoffice to start in the programs, though there may be some issue with using it with 2.1 (i haven't had time to check the code yet)

here is a link:

http://neowiki.neooffice.org/index.php/Launcher_-_Developer#OpenOffice.org_Icons

i hope to have time to go over it with 2.1 and double check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> Setup and Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: