OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Exporting to doc format wreaks my formatting - any ideas ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Derek Clarkson

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Exporting to doc format wreaks my formatting - any ideas ? Reply with quote

Twisted Evil
Hi all,
This has kept me up for a while. I'm writing a document which I need to send to some people who don't have OO so I'm doing it as a word doc. I've tried exporting in formats 97/2000/XP, 97 and 6. All of them mess up the document. I've even tried RTF saved as a doc file. I save and then test by then reopening in Writer.

I see problems such as tables are reset to the full width of the page, heading styles being set to have numbers, bullets and numbering being removed yet the paragraphs are still left indented. Bullets being replaced with non-printng characters, etc, etc.

Generally speaking the exports make a complete mess of the documents. Enough that there is no point in using Writer if I have to goto word docs.

The other issue that drives me nuts is the spell checker. It is quite usual for it to stop working for a document. I play with all the settings and options and cannot get it to work. The only work around is to start another document and then cut and paste the contents of the old one to it. What a pain - any thoughts ?

Is this the best that can be done ? or am I missing something or no doing something ?

Regards,
Derek.
bartgymnast
OOo Enthusiast
OOo Enthusiast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

which OOo version do you use 1.0.2??? or do you use 1.0
because 1.0 has a little problem with exporting to an .doc file in the windows
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dissappoint you. But I'm using 1.0.2. I didn't really see any difference in either version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: