OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Need Help with MSAccess SQL Union Query Conversion to OO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillfri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:21 am    Post subject: Need Help with MSAccess SQL Union Query Conversion to OO Reply with quote

I have an SQL Union Query that I can run 'directly' against my MSAccess data source. But I want to covert the SQL code to native OO SQL code for portability reasons, and I can't seem to make it work. Can someone help me out with this conversion? The MSAccess SQL code is as follows:

SELECT `EKKO`.`EBELN`, RIGHT( `EKKO`.`LIFNR`, 6) AS LIFNR, `LFA1`.`NAME1` FROM `EKKO` INNER JOIN `LFA1` ON `EKKO`.`LIFNR`=`LFA1`.`LIFNR`
UNION SELECT `Documents`.`EBELN`, Right(`Documents`.`LIFNR`, 6), `LFA1`.`NAME1` FROM `Documents` INNER JOIN `LFA1` ON `Documents`.`LIFNR`=`LFA1`.`LIFNR` ;
Barix
General User
General User

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same problem.. submitting the query via an OO macro I've no problem, then I try to update an existing query in the data source and seems to be no problems, but when I try to run the query in the data source window (F4) I get an error.

Do there is another way to "merge" results from two different queries in a unique query to use with the mail merge function?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
dfrench

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
when I try to run the query in the data source window (F4) I get an error.

Turn " Run SQL Directly" on and retry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Base All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: