OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Image on all pages?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polocode

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: Image on all pages? Reply with quote

Hi there,

this may sound like a dumb question - maybe it is. I've been trying for hours to figure this one out:

I want to place an image to the far right on all pages of a template. It's the company logo combined with a stripe that should appear on each and every page of the document. Placing the image there wasn't easy (the only solution was shoving it in to the background), but making it appear on every page (not just the first one) is still bugging me... any hints?

later,
polocode
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic.phtml?t=16212&highlight=background+image
Look at JohnV answer.
By the way: there is a search tool at the top of the page Wink
polocode

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:19 am    Post subject: Nope, that didn't help Reply with quote

The problem is slightly different: I am not trying to insert just a background image,
I am trying to implement a graphic element that does not lay behind the text but
covers the whole right margin of the document - from top to bottom. A background
image as suggested in the above article doesn't work for me because I need the
image to be outside of the text-margin.

What I want is a footer/header - only that its not supposed to be row-like (left to right) but column-like (top to bottom, all the way to the right, about an inch wide).
RGB
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the instruction of JohnV, you can put whatever you want, with the form you want, in any place of the page: images, text (in a text box)... anything, in any corner, side or angle of your page. And it will be repeated in every page.
JohnV
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, of course, agree with RGB. Although my answer addresses a question about a "backgound" image , my suggested solution doesn't involve a background image. And yes, it can be outside the margin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: