OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Multiple Instances of Calc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smstarks

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Multiple Instances of Calc Reply with quote

Hello,
I am brand new to openoffice. I decided to look into open office because I need to be able to schedule tasks that create spreadsheets through API/COM. I have created alot through excel in the past, but the problem I have with excel is it likes to use an existing instance of itself if there is one open. For scheduled tasks I always want it to create a new instance and not interfere with any other processes that maybe running. I did see a couple posts when I searched the general forum but they didn't go into the detail I was looking for. First off, using windows 2k for example, is there a 100% reliable way around this using OO. If not how about under red-hat? If so how do you do that? Also how close in programming is the OO COM to the excel COM? Am I just going to have to change a couple places, like from excel.application to oocalc.application or is every com call I have going to change?
Any assistence would be greatly appreciated
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem with OOo, but since the file format is free by any means you don't need any office suite at all.
A prepared template and any programming language with some XML parser can generate valid documents.
OASIS Open Document informations
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: