OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Split and freese Window in Oo Calc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jackmccaskill
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Split and freese Window in Oo Calc Reply with quote

When I split and freeze a window horizonally in calc, [ to retain column headings regardless of how far down a work sheet I scroll], the process works fine. However, after saving and closing the file, upon reopening it, the split window is gone and the cursor is at the top of the worksheet rather than the point at which I saved it. Is there a way to save both the split screen and cursor position? Please advise,

Regards, Jack
noranthon
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works fine on my old version. Which version (number and OS) are you using, so someone can check on their system?
jackmccaskill
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Split and freese Window in Oo Calc Reply with quote

Proplem is occuring using Oo 2.0.2,
Operating sustem = MS Windows XP,
Saving work sheets to *.xml

Regards, Jack
BillP
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Split and freese Window in Oo Calc Reply with quote

jackmccaskill wrote:
Saving work sheets to *.xml

It doesn't work for me either with OOo 2.2 on Windows Me when saving in *.xml. It does work when saving in *.ods or *.xls.
Villeroy
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you shure that you saved the document *after* splitting the window? Like other view-options splitting/freezing of a view won't change the document's saved-state. When you have a saved document the disk symbol on the main toolbar is disabled. Next you split/freeze and the status won't change. When you hit Ctrl+S in order to save nothing will be saved at all.
Apply some dummy-change to the document and save again. It should include the split view now.
jackmccaskill
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Split and freese Window in Oo Calc Reply with quote

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am sure that I saved after I split and froze the worksheet. I did double verify as you suggested and the results are the same as in my original query, i.e., upon opening the file the split is gone and cursor is returned to the a1 cell!

As a relatively new user I always use the save icon on the tool bar and I am aware that the icon "goes gray" after a save.

Regards, Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: