OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

cell formatting vs. replacing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:36 am    Post subject: cell formatting vs. replacing Reply with quote

Is it possible to use the replace function on cells that have content in different formats like subset, bold, some greek letters etc. without flattening the whole formatting.
For example:
I have cells including chemical formulas. If I want to change the font type all subset and all greek letters will be converted to plain normal style. How can I preserve the cell formats? This is a problem that I have with every program I know including Excel. I do not want to make my table as a writer table because I need the calc features in other cells of this spreadsheet. I think it would be a big advantage if OO could implement this feature since it should not be difficult to obtain. After all in OOwriter this works of course.

thx a lot

</cassius
dfrench

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try an enhancement request issue to www.openoffice.org.
The problem would not occur if the text object in calc was implemented in the same way as the text object in writer ... and why not???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Calc All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: