OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Low line hight that doesn't crop characters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antonius

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: Low line hight that doesn't crop characters Reply with quote

The following is something that page layout programs such as QuarkXPress and InDesign do on a regular basis, and also the word processor WordPerfect. I need the feature because I work with Tibetan fonts that are very tall compared to roman fonts. This is it: every time I insert a Tibetan character amidst the ordinary text, the line height is adjusted accordingly, then rendering a scruffy visual effect for the paragraph, where some lines are very close to each other while others are more spaced. If I then adjust the spacing so that the line is set to an exact spacing to make it equal for all lines, not auto mode, then the line gets cropped above and below some set line hight. To see the effect, write some lines of random text and give it a 40 or more font size. Then go to paragraph formatting and set the line hight to exact and give it about 20 points of separation. You'll see that the letters get all chopped. Is there any way of adjusting that to work in OOo Writer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Writer All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: