OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

Default slide transition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheetah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 11:45 am    Post subject: Default slide transition? Reply with quote

I have an Impress presentation I created without the autopilot, but now I want to go back and set a default transition for all existing and future slides. The autopilot does this somehow, but I can't figure out how to do it with an existing presentation. Trying to apply transitions to the master slide doesn't work, it just applies the transition to whatever slide you were editing when you went into master mode. Help?
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Once the presentation is prepared, it will be difficult if not impossible to assign a new transition automatically. However, 2 assumptions here:

You want the same transition to all slides and

You will always use similar (possibly corporate) designs.

Existing presentations - simply open and select slide view. Hit CTRL +A to select all, and then assign the transition. The transition will be assigned to all slides. As the transition was assigned at the time of creation and is a style within the document itself, you will need to do this to each one.

New Presentations. Use the autopilot to set up a blank presentation using desired colour\fonts etc. Do the front page layout and then that for subsequent pages. I assume that pages 3 onwards will be primarily based on page 2 so on that basis you just do 2 slides. Then select page view and set transition. Then save it as a template in the OOO\user\template directory. You can then set it as the default template if you want using file\templates\organise where you will find the template under default. Right click on it and select "use as default". Every subsequent new presentation will be based on that template.

Hope this helps

Ian
Cheetah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Couple more questions, thoughts ... Reply with quote

The Liquidator wrote:
Once the presentation is prepared, it will be difficult if not impossible to assign a new transition automatically.
Doh Sad but see below ...
Quote:
You want the same transition to all slides and
You will always use similar (possibly corporate) designs.
True
Quote:
Existing presentations - simply open and select slide view. Hit CTRL +A to select all, and then assign the transition. The transition will be assigned to all slides.
A nice idea, but the problem I see with it is that I am still working on this presentation
Quote:
As the transition was assigned at the time of creation and is a style within the document itself
Is it possible to find this style somewhere and edit it? Even if it means digging out a hex editor or something on the saved file? I suspect that might be more difficult than creating a new presentation and copy/pasting all the text into it, though.

Thanks for the info ...
The Liquidator
Super User
Super User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice idea, but the problem I see with it is that I am still working on this presentation

Not a problem methinks. If you have the presentation open It' s 2 mouseclicks and 1 keystroke combination.

Select slide view
CTRL +A
Change transition

Then all additional slides will have that transition, or at least they should have as "new slides" within that file should have the properties of the others, rather than the OOo default.

So far as changing the default is concerned, the time-honoured way seems to be to change the default template, as previously described. Don't know how you would change this at program, rather than document, level. Having checked I find that you set up the transition with the autopilot i.e effect and speed. You can also define automatic or manual. The only thing you can't change at that stage is the semi-automatic option. This is the one I use. The only way I have found to do this is from within the doc as I have described.

Ian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Impress All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: