OpenOffice.org Forum at OOoForum.orgThe OpenOffice.org Forum

[Home]   [FAQ]   [Search]   [Memberlist]   [Usergroups]   [Register
 [Profile]   [Log in to check your private messages]   [Log in

VB.NET Automation of MailMerge.Execute(args) UNO API
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TedPalmer
General User
General User

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I received a notification e-mail on this, and it was a real shock to me because my last post to this thread was just over 5 years ago. I wish I could help you, but all I can remember about this is that I was trying ot use Open Office Write as an alternative to what I was already doing in MS Word. It was my goal to use the mail merge functionality in Write in the same way that I was using mail merge functionality in MS-Word 2007 to create documents for attorneys who do lots of subrogation work. My application was written in MS Visual Basic in Visual Studio 2003. All of MS-Office component programs support what Microsoft call "Automation". I was never successful at doing that. I had to give up after a month of effort got me basicly nothing.

If you know of anyone who has actually succeeded at doing that, please post a link here that I can follow to discover how they did that. I have basicly completed this project to the extent that any computer program is ever complete. The attorney that I am still working on this with has been using this program for all of his new case files since October 2008. He has had a lot of success using it. I'll spare you the details for now but it has really made a big change in the way he does business. I am now trying to market the software, but I still have yet to sell a single copy. Marketing is not my forte`.

I have learned that I can create a piece of software that is really brilliant, but if I can't get anybody to even take a close look at it, it might as well be a piece of junk.

Ted Palmer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    OOoForum.org Forum Index -> OpenOffice.org Macros and API All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: